Preparing for the Future: Modernizing Transaction Through a Central Bank Digital Currency.
2023 Case Study Competition
The 2023 National Public Administration Case Competition was hosted by Carleton University and held virtually on February 15 to 25, 2023. The case centred around modernizing transaction through a Central Bank digital currency. The scenario asked students to provide assessments of the issues and their advice to decision-makers.
- Preparing for the Future: Modernizing Transaction Through a Central Bank Digital Currency
- Se préparer à l’avenir: Moderniser les opérations par une monnaie numérique de la banque centrale.
- 2023 National Public Administration Case Competition
- 2023 Case Competition – Program
- 2023 Case Competition – Rules and Procedures
- Virtual Technical Guide from Baseline Communications
The competition was judged by:
- Taki Sarantakis : Head Judge; President of the Canada School of Public Service (CSPS), Ottawa
- Ellen Burack : Program Director, Certificate Program in Regulatory Leadership, Ottawa
- Shirley Carruthers : ADM, Corporate Management and Services Sector; CFO, Natural Ressources Canada, Ottawa
- Randall Germain : Professor, Global economic governance and the political economy of global finance, Ottawa
- Ron Morrow : Executive director, Supervision, Ottawa
- Peter Routledge : Surintendant, Financial Institutions, Canada
Thank you to all of the judges for sharing their experience, wisdom, and time with the students and their coaches!
Ten teams from coast to coast participated in the 2023 Case Competition.
Scroll down to see photos of all of the participating teams and their presentation!
Winning Team Presentations:
Gold Medal : Toronto Metropolitan University
Team: Gopal Banerjee, Sabreena Bapoo, Graham Cade, Lajendon Jeyakumar, Iffat Zahan
Coach: Frank D’Onofrio and Andrea Migone
Silver Medal : Glendon College
Team: Ruben Barragan Garay, Alicia Gordy, Vanessa Fecteau, Klausky Mathurin, Mathis Nouvelle, Taheera Sarker, Perry Sutton
Coaches: Francis Garon and Andrew Mackey
Bronze Medal : Concordia University
Team: Lucas Driediger, Mekarim Elmekki, George Frank, Samuel Jetté, Amanda Loukatos
Coach: Ceren Belge and Sarah Cox
Toronto Metropolitan University
University of Toronto
University of Alberta
University of British Colombia
Simon Fraser University
Johnson-Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy